Thursday, April 12, 2018

Nature is Always Interesting

You can learn a lot via RPGing. For instance, I learned today that the Venus Fly Trap is only native to roughly a 60 mile diameter area of swamp and bogs along the North Carolina and South Carolina border. All my life I'd thought that they were South American native plants.

I then of course follow down the Wikipedia rabbit hole and find out that North American is the native home of 7 species of carnivorous plants, 3 of which are found nowhere else. And did you know that Bladderworts are carnivorous? I sure as hell didn't. They have tiny little bladder traps that feed upon protozoa and rotifers in water-saturated soil.

Nature never ceases being interesting...





No comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP